Could Mold Grow in My Mohave County Home?
There are many different types of mold, and they can present themselves differently inside your home. You may spot a few black spots in the bathtub or fuzzy patches on your bread. No matter the type, mold is unsightly and potentially harmful to your health.
At the first sign of mold, most of us want to grab a scrub brush and put in a little elbow grease to remove the contamination. Unfortunately, doing so might just spread the mold spores further. Only a mold expert, with proper training and know-how, can truly combat a mold infestation in your home. Do not risk further exposure or mold damage!
Signs of Mold in Your Home
There are telltale signs you can watch for to notice a mold infestation before it’s too serious. As a homeowner, you should watch for these red flags often. Detecting the right symptom could prevent structural damage or even a trip to the doctor due to mold exposure.
- Odors – First and foremost, a mold infestation will likely lead to a mildew smell throughout your home. Often, the odor is the only indication that something is wrong. Do not ignore a musty, mold-like smell anywhere in your home.
- Allergies – If you experience increased trouble with your allergies, there could be a hidden reason in your home. Common allergic reactions to mold include sore eyes, sneezing, congestion, and irritation.
- Visible Signs – An extensive mold infestation will usually display visual signs within 48 hours of spreading. Most people fail to notice the small signs of mold. If you spot even the slightest amount of mold, it is usually a sign of a larger infestation already buried under the flooring or between the walls.
Common Places to Check for Mold
There are a few common places where mold tends to grow. There are also a few hidden spots that require advanced restoration equipment to track and treat. This is why you always want to hire a mold expert. As a homeowner, you should note the following spots and check them occasionally for mold growth:
- Bathroom – In the bathroom, the shower and bathtub tend to be hotbeds for mold growth. A hot shower feels nice, but it also promotes mold growth. Furthermore, the walls and floor tend to be popular spots for mold spores to accumulate.
- Kitchen – In the kitchen, the refrigerator and pantry tend to be the most common spots we find mold. The refrigerator has a drip tray and water dispenser, both of which lead to moisture. The pantry is often poorly ventilated.
- Bedroom – In the bedroom, despite the lack of water-based appliances, mold can form due to heating vents, air conditioning, and the humidity and sweat accumulation in your mattress.
If you spot the troubling signs of mold growth, be sure to call Restoration 1 of Mohave County immediately to speak with a mold expert. You can reach us day or night at (928) 235-4193, so don’t let the mold spread any further.